Changing Places Services
About Changing Places
We know that helping seniors move means caring for people's physical and emotional well-being. Our approach is as gentle and non-invasive as possible, and we help our clients to focus on the positive aspects of the move.
Let Changing Places take care of the details!
- Listening to your preferences and needs
- Arranging for transfer of mail, telephone and other services
- Pre-screening moving companies
- Providing printed moving announcement for your correspondence.
- Assisting with packing and unpacking
- Supervising movers and other professionals
- Scheduling pickups and utility hookups and installations
- Planning and organizing the layout of your new home
- Settling you into your new residence
- Sorting your valuable possessions and dispersing the rest
- Collecting mail if required.
- Clearing the former residence of all remaining possessions by:
- Arranging evaluation of antiques and collectables for sale or auction.
- Dispersal of unsold items to Women in Need, Open Door, Street Link Shelter, Goodwill or a charity of your choice.
- Arranging cleaning of former residence.
By the end of your moving day your bed will be made, rooms set up, with all packing materials removed and kitchen ready for use. The daughter of a client recently wrote to us saying, “You really were there for my mum during every step of her move. Living in Toronto and not able to be there for mum during her move was very upsetting but as soon as you were involved I knew it was going to be okay.”
About Changing Spaces:
Perhaps you don't "need" to move. For many seniors, we can help you make all the adjustments you need to "age in place" in your current home. This can be as simple as decluttering and adding mobility aids and safety features, or we can help move all your living space onto the main floor.
Enjoy the comfort of your own home, with the convenience of a living space designed for your current needs.
Changing Spaces helps you when you need:
- Adaptations to your current home
- Freshening up of key spaces such as the kitchen and bathroom
- Tools to make your daily routines easier
We manage and coordinate changes in your home for aging in place, including:
- Downsizing and clearing possessions you no longer use
- Creating a safe and independent living environment
- Referring you to professionals who can help you adapt your home